Of the Radxa Rock5 Model A a single board computer about the size and shape of the Raspberry Pi 4, but with a faster processor and support for more memory.
Radxa expects its board (also known as the ROCK 5A) to go on sale in the second quarter of 2023. Retail prices will start at $99, but people who reserve one from AllnetChina with a $5 deposit you will be able to save $30 when the sales commission goes through in a few months.
At the heart of the Rock5 Model A is the Rockchip RK3588S processor used in the Rock5 Model B, which. announced last year. But Model B is a larger board that measures 100 x 72mm and features a few extra ports.
Model A shows a more conservative model that can be used effectively for high-risk projects. … although I suspect that the main factory image is close to the Raspberry Pi Model B which could be used as a plug-in in some cases.
Rockchip’s RK3588S processor features four ARM Cortex-A76 CPU cores up to 2.4 GHz, four Cortex-A55 cores up to 1.8 GHz, Mali-G610 MC4 processor, and a neural processing unit that up to 6 TOPS of AI performance acceleration tools. and support for 8K/60fps video playback.
The board features LPDDR4X memory and will be available in three different configurations:
- 4GB RAM for $99 (or $69 with an initial discount)
- 8GB RAM for $119 (or $89 with an initial discount)
- 16GB RAM for $159 (or $129 with an initial discount).
Each model has:
- 1 x USB Type-C port (for power)
- 2 x micro HDMI ports (one with 8K/60Hz, the other with 4K/60Hz support)
- 1 x USB 3 Type-A OTG/host
- 1 x USB 3 Type-A Host port
- 2 x USB 2.0 Type-A host ports
- 1 x Gigabit Ethernet port
- 1 x microSD card reader
- 1 x eMMC module connector (eMMC 5.1 support)
- 1 x M.2 E Key with PCIe 2.1 single-lane, SATA and USB 2.0 support
- 1 x LCD Display connection (4-lane MIPI-DSI)
- 1 x Camera connection (1 x 4-lane MIPI-CSI or 2 x 2-lane MIPI-CSI)
- 40-pin header
There are also a few other odds and ends including the connection and the RTC battery connection.
Radxa says that the ROCK 5A supports up to three displays when using both the HDMI ports and the MIPI-DSIC display. And you can use an eMMC module, microSD card, or M.2 E Key for storage.
Thank you Upgrade top (3)!