Patrick Reed’s Lawyer Threatens Sue Bob Costas, CNN

LIV golfer Patrick Reed’s lawyer has already sued five members of the media and four companies for defamation.

Meanwhile, professional lawyer Larry Klayman is threatening to file charges against Bob Costas, CNN, Bloomberg, and others on behalf of the champion. Masters first.

Written by Klayman two different characters in this month. In one sent Sunday, Klayman threatened to sue CNN for more than $450 million “if it does not immediately issue an on-air public apology to Mr. Reed,” and ” ordered” to Costas and CNN anchor Jake Tapper in a segment on LIV. Golf was run last week.

Klayman also wanted the piece from last Thursday — which Reed didn’t mention — to Removed from CNN website. That letter was sent to Tapper, Costas, CNN CEO Chris Licht, and CNN attorney David Vigilante.

Klayman gave CNN five days to respond.

“This is an arbitrary sentence, its purpose is to silence free speech and to scare journalists from publishing important stories about the Saudi government and the Saudi-sponsored LIV golf tournament,” it said. of CNN in a statement to Front Office Sports on Wednesday. “CNN will vigorously defend its reporting, which did not mention the plaintiff in its insurance policy.

Monthly golf this is the first place where books are reported.

In a January 5 letter to Bloomberg CEO Michael Bloomberg and reporter Erik Larson, Klayman requested a January 4 article entitled. “Saudi-backed LIV Golf is using PGA Suit to obtain information on 9/11 Families, Court Says” take it down.

Klayman also urged Bloomberg to “strongly discipline” Larson, who Klayman said “has endangered lives” in his letter. As per the CNN piece, Reed was not named in the story.

Klayman first filed a federal lawsuit in Texas last year, before the case was dismissed. A new defamation case – which has too many single claims – was filed again a Florida federal court in September.

Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee, host Damon Hack, Shane Bacon, and Eamon Lynch are among the defendants in the case. Conde Nast (the parent company of The New Yorker), New Yorker Zach Helfand, Gannett, and Gannett Satellite Information Network are among the defendants listed in an amended complaint filed by Klayman. after the first claim was dismissed.

“Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away … a public person could bring a defamation suit without proving that the challenged statements were misrepresentations of the facts published with actual defamation,” attorneys for Gannett wrote in a motion to dismiss the filing on Friday. . “This is the fictional universe in which Reed’s revised complaint exists.”

Beyond the dismissal, the defendant asked the court for attorney’s fees.

Leave a Comment